Friday, August 30, 2024

By Light and By Dark, Vol. 2 | Stealth Black G87 M2


My G87 M2 progression continues.

This car continues to be such a joy to modify, walk toward/glance back at, and drive. With a few new exterior carbon pieces, everything exterior-wise is pretty well dialled in.

Original thread pre-carbon pieces here – https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh….php?t=2113694

I posted a review of the MHC+ Edition 1 kit here – https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh….php?t=2128981

Long story short, I couldnt be happier with the quality, fitment, and appearance of the kit. It is not inexpensive, but I feel like I truly got what I paid for with it.

Exterior appearance parts summary:

  • OEM 827M wheels, satin black
  • 18mm/15mm spacers
  • Black painted roundels
  • Reflector deletes
  • KW HAS kit
  • TRE CS rear trunk lip spoiler
  • MHC+ Edition 1 exterior carbon fibre kit (diffuser, spats, side skirts, front lip spoiler)

Raw photos of this car make me want to dial everything down, suck some light out, and add some grit. I love the presence this car has in person.

Photos shot on a Fujifilm X-H2 (lenses: 200mm F/2, 8-16mm F/2.8, and 56mm F/1.2) and Leica Q3 (Summilux 28m f/1.7).

Full mod list is in the next post below.

By Light –
1a.

1b.

1c.

1d.

1e.

1f.

The Details –

2a.

2b.

2c.

2d.

A Different Perspective –

3a.

3b.

3c.

By Light, V2 –

4a.

4b.

4c.

4d.

4e.

4f.

By Dark –

5a.

5b.

5c.

5d.

5e.

5f.

Thanks for checking out my car, and apologies for sucking some serious bandwidth with all the photos. I find it interesting how light and perspective really change how this car looks – cant get enough! Im biased, but I dont think the G87 has a bad angle!