Monday, August 12, 2024

M Track Day 2024 Report: Monticello Motor Club


I attended an M Track day for the first time yesterday. It was held at Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, NY. Maybe some of you were also in attendance. This was my first time on a track. They had a fleet of comp awd M3s for lead-follow sessions. I lucked out and got my own M3 for the first session so I didnt have to rotate with a partner. It had carbon buckets and carbon ceramic brakes. I understand now why people get these options. Driving the m3 on a track has given me a much deeper appreciation for this car. I may never track my own but can see now what its truly capable of. They are incredible machines. Towards the end, the BMW instructors took the group on a hot lap of the track, which was mind blowing. Other events included autocross with M2s and 0-60 challenge with XM, iX, i4 and i5s. Anyways, Ill be attending again next year. This was the most fun Ive had in years. Heres a few crappy pictures to share.