Friday, March 22, 2024

1 of 1 Blue Bay Lagoon G80 M3


So I made the best impulse purchase of my life last week. 13 years ago I bought an LSB M3 and always wished it had the cinnamon interior. It ended up being a track car so that dream never happened.

I really loved the looks of the G80 platform and once they released the Xdrive version I knew eventually I would have one. The past two years have been spent poking around online trying to find the perfect one and I eventually settled on wanting a Techno Violet G80. As they are few and far between the search extended longer than I wanted.

Fast forward to last week, I brought my X3MC in to the dealer to get the window replaced and I couldnt believe my eyes of what I saw sitting on the showpad out front. Some crazy blue M3. When I got out to look at it I saw it had the Tartufo interior and I was sold. The color is Blue Bay Lagoon. The next day, I returned my loaner car, and left with my new M3

Apparently this was a custom build for a customer out in Colorado and they backed out. The car got sold to a dealer in Dallas so it would move faster. Im at a loss for words on just how lucky I feel randomly finding this, as besides for the MPE exhaust, its exactly how I would have specd a custom build out myself. At a whopping $115k sticker price, it has almost every option you could select. The full leather interior is not something I would have selected on my own as I was unaware it came with a leather dash and upper doors, however, this will always be an option on my cars moving forward after seeing how stunning it is. The Blue Bay Lagoon is such an incredible color. At night it looks teal, in overcast it looks LSB, and in the sun it resembles Atlantis.

I just got the car tinted and within the next month it will get a full PPF, M performance HAS suspension, wheel spacers, and either powder coat the current wheels bronze, or pickup a gold set of the 827M wheels. Patiently waiting to get through this break-in period so I can really play with her, but could be a while as this wont be my DD. Happy to be back in an M3 and look forward to seeing some of you all around at shows! Enjoy